Every year on July 4th the cities of Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, and Gatlinburg celebrate Independence Day in a big way. 2014 will be no exception; here is the current list of scheduled events:
- July 3 Fireworks Display at Smokies Stadium in Sevierville following the TN. Smokies/Montgomery baseball game.
- July 3rd/4th The First Independence Day Parade in the Nation– At the stroke of midnight the 39th annual Gatlinburg July 4th Midnight Parade will march down the parkway. This year’s parade will honor Women Veterans and other U.S. Heroes. View last years Midnight Parade
- July 4th Gatlinburg River Raft Regatta– The annual unmanned River Raft Regatta will be held at 12 noon, registration begins at 10 a.m.
- July 4th Patriot Festival– Pigeon Forge’s Patriot Park will again be home to this annual festival starting at 12 noon with fun and activities for kids. Onstage entertainment will begin at 1:30 p.m. with concerts featuring the Pigeon Forge Community Chorus, the Tim Kellar Band, bluegrass group Adkins & Loudermilk, the Jimmy Buffet tribute band Sons of Sailors and the event headliners Lonestar.
- July 4th Mark Chesnutt– 8 p.m. at Country Tonite Theatre
- July 4th Fireworks- Pigeon Forge’s fireworks display will be at Patriot Park starting somewhere between 9:30 till 10 p.m. depending on the conclusion of onstage entertainment. Gatlinburg’s fireworks will be centered downtown (recommended viewing around traffic light #3) to begin about 10 p.m. All fireworks subject to weather conditions.