Monthly Archives: November 2010

Harrisburg Covered Bridge

Just minutes from Sevierville in what was the community of Harrisburg sits a 135 year old covered bridge. According to the TN. Department of Transportation the Harrisburg Covered Bridge is just one of four remaining in the state. The other three bridges are located in Bible, Parks and Elizabethton.
The Harrisburg Bridge was originally the McNutt’s Bridge, which was destroyed by flooding in 1875. Early Brothers, who relocated to the area after the Civil War, rebuilt the bridge which spans the East Fork of the Little Pigeon River. After many years of being in a state of disrepair the county, with both federal and state funding, repaired and reopened the bridge in December of 2004.
The Harrisburg Covered Bridge was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1975.

Harrisburg Covered Bridge

Harrisburg Covered Bridge

135 Year Old Harrisburg Covered Bridge

135 Year Old Harrisburg Covered Bridge

Interior of Harrisburg Covered bridge

Interior of Harrisburg Covered bridge